Happy Easter Everyone!!!
I hope everyone had a blessed day of food and fun with their families! I know I sure did. I had the opportunity to sing two songs with my cousin Chelsea at Church this morning, and it was so fun. We had a great Church service (as always), and then my family enjoyed a nice meal and many laughs. It was truly a beautiful day.
I just wanted to make this blog to serve as a quick reminder of why we celebrate Easter. It's not about bunnies or hunting eggs (which are both lovely things, though!), it's about Christ rising from His tomb and winning the war against our sins. Jesus is the one who will get you into Heaven, not a bunny.
HE died for our sins so we could LIVE, the LEAST we can do is live for HIM.
Nothing we can ever do is great enough to repay the debt we owe to Him, but He loves us anyway. There is no greater love than the love He feels for us, even though we are all sinners. He made the greatest sacrifice anyone could ever make for us and our sins. That is the true meaning of Easter.
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
-- Galatians 2:20
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
I thought I'd make a short blog about a few of the things I'm thankful for in my life, material and non-material :)
1. I'm thankful to have been blessed with the most amazing, supportive family anyone could ever want.
2. I'm thankful that I met the person I consider my BEST friend while I was still in high school, because a lot of people these days don't have that chance.
3. I'm thankful for my car. I'm so happy to have the chance to go wherever I want, whenever I want, and that it gets me where I need to go. Plus it's super cute!
4. I'm thankful that I have food on the table every day. Many people aren't able to have that which is something I plan on trying to help with in the future.
5. Last but not least, I'm thankful that Jesus died for my sins. Nothing I could ever do could repay Him for that!